Omnipotence – God can do all things – there is nothing He cannot do
- Job 42:2 “I know that thou canst do everything, and that no thought can be withheld from thee.”
- Jeremiah 32:17,27 “Ah Lord God! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee: Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?”
- Matthew 19:26 “But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible”.
- Luke 1:37 “For with God nothing shall be impossible.”
- Revelation 19:6 “And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thundering, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigns.”
Omniscience – God has total omniscience – He knows all that can be known
- Psalm 33:13 “The Lord looketh from heaven; He beholdeth all the sons of men.”
- Psalm 147:4,5 “He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names. Great is our Lord, and of great power: His understanding is infinite.”
- Isaiah 46:10 “Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.”
- Acts 15:18 “Known to God are all His works from the beginning of the world.”
Omnipresence – God is everywhere as Father, Son and Holy Ghost – the Trinity – there is no place that God is not
- Psalm 113:5 “Who is like unto the Lord our God, who dwells on high.
- Psalm 139:8 “If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.”
- Jeremiah 23:23,24 “Am I a God at hand, saith the Lord, and not a God afar off? Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord.”
- Matthew 18:20 “For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”
One of my favorite object lessons is the SNOW GLOBE concept. Anytime you can give a child a hands on lesson, it will be easier for them to understand what you are trying to teach them.
If you place a snow globe in a child’s hand, you can explain to them the Trinity and characteristics of God. Explain that just as you are a spouse, parent and child (three distinct people in one), God is Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
- God created the world (snow globe)
- The world is in His hands (just as they are holding the snow globe)
- He can see everything in the world all the time (just as they can see everything in the snow globe)
- He is in the world (when they shake – the snow is everywhere – just as the Holy Spirit is everywhere in the world)
- He walked on earth just like you and me as Jesus – (people in globe)
- He controls everything about the world (have them shake, turn upside down, etc. to see how they control the entire globe and it is safe in their hands)
Children need a healthy concept of God; one that is full of awe, respect, reverence and love.