The Baker – The Importance of Ingredient
You can teach your child a valuable life lesson right in your own kitchen. Bake a cake … from scratch. Not a box. No shortcuts this time.
What you will need:
- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 TBSP cocoa (optional – if you want to make it chocolate)
What you will do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix butter and sugar
- Stir in the vanilla
- Stir in eggs
- Slowly add flour and baking powder (optional – add cocoa)
- Pour into an 8×8 pan and bake at 350 for 25 minutes
(Icing for the cake: Got to have icing – let’s make it chocolate)
Blend together in a small bowl until smooth:
3/4 cup Powder Sugar
1T melted butter
1 teas vanilla
Have fun with this one and talk as you go.
What you are teaching:
- Each ingredient is important to the recipe or the cake will not turn out.
- Everything in your child’s life will make them into the person God wants them to become
- You cannot take the flour out of the cake or it will not be a cake. You cannot take Christ out of your life and be a Christian.
- No one drinks vanilla it is bitter, just like the sorrows in our life, but it is still important to make the cake’s flavor just right.
- The eggs are so important, they bind and hold things together, just like the love of God and family.
- The sugar is the good times that we all enjoy and want more of, but too much will spoil the cake.
- The butter makes the batter smooth and helps it to cook evenly just like the Word of God in our life.
- And do not forget the baking powder or the cake will not rise. Without the instructions and guidance of adults in their lives they will not grow up to be the adult God wants them to become.
- Now you can add the cocoa and make the cake individually flavored and that is all the circumstances in their life that make them who they are, unique and different unto their Creator.
Use your imagination in making it unique to your child’s situation. You can use various scriptures through the process, too many to list here. That will be part of your learning. Researching the Word is so important to your own growth. Now, go arm your child.
thanks ur parents for having you