Slow cook a ROAST (Sirloin Tip, Chuck, London Broil) for a meal in a pot. Add your favorite green vegetable. I like pole beans I put in a separate pot and slow cook at the same time. Many vegetables can be found ‘flash frozen’ in your grocery’s frozen department under their own brand. The only ingredient listed will be “pole beans”. Flash frozen is the method we used growing up when other’s were canning theirs. We wanted vegetables all year and there was no shipping in of fresh produce. If you spritz some lemon juice, add your salt and a few celery leaves, flakes or celery salt, your beans will taste “fresh from the garden”.
This is such a great way to prepare a meal for 2 – 10 or more. You buy your favorite cut of meat and then depending on how many, you cook it whole or section it into 1/2’s or 1/3’s, freezing the other portions for future meals in a pot.
It does not matter if you have a crock pot or just an oven, the recipe will work fine either way.
- Carrots (peeled, 2 per person)
- Potatoes (peeled 1 or 2 per person depending on size)
- Pearl Onions (optional : 4 or 5 peeled whole; OR frozen ones work well and stop all the tears and irritated throat and nose)
- Mushrooms (optional: 8-10 rubbed gently to clean, remove stems)
- 1 can Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup
- 1 envelope Lipton’s Onion Soup Mix
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees
- In pot pour in soup and a can of water
- Place meat in pot
- Sprinkle soup mix across the meat
- Place carrots, potatoes, onions and mushrooms around
- Cover and place in oven.
I place my pot in the center of the oven before leaving for church around 7-8AM and pull it out to eat around noon. So 4-5 hours … your nose will tell you it’s ready! ENJOY!