What you’ll need:
- 1/2 a rack per person for adults and 1/3 a rack for small eaters or children. (Occasionally, a full rack for the big eater).
- Butter (1 Tbsp. or the “I Can’t Believe It’s Butter” spray)
- Spices (salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, celery salt, garlic salt – your preference. I sometimes put the large 1/2 with my husband’s favorite and the small end of the rack with mine)
- Chopped onions
- Aluminum foil
- BBQ sauces – We like the various Master Piece flavors
What you’ll do:
- Pre-Heat oven to 250 degrees
- Select a broiler pan or cookie sheet.
- Tear off a strip of aluminum foil several inches longer than your rack of ribs
- Place shiny side down on your pan
- Place ribs in center
- Rub or spray the meat with butter (this keeps spices in place and juices inside)
- Sprinkle on your spices to taste
- Sprinkle chopped onions
- Fold foil over meat sealing it all around (sometimes, depending on ribs size, you may have to add a strip of foil over ribs – shiny side out)
- Place in oven and allow to cook 3-4 hours
- I serve the plates with corn on the cob and green beans and NO SAUCE. Each person selects their BBQ sauce and adds it to their meat.
This is a FALL OFF THE BONE procedure. If you want them less done, cut the time by 30-60 minutes. I never cook the meat with the BBQ sauce. Once you have tried this you will see that it is not necessary and it allows everyone to use their favorite BBQ sauce choice. As in any family, there are those that like sweet sauce, tangy sauce and spicy sauce. This way you can please them all! ENJOY!