Breakfast or Brunch these are sure to please. It will be difficult to eat only one. Enjoy! But, please honor my copyright.
PASTRY SHELL QUICHE a la Renee’Ingredients:
- 1 medium onion diced (1/2 c frozen chopped)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup mushrooms chopped or a small can of sliced
- 1/4 cup light cream or evaporated milk
- 2 Tablespoon butter softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoon self-rising flour
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 strips of bacon or 1/2 cup chopped ham, sausage, etc.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 12 squares of Swiss cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 package frozen puff/pastry shells Pepperidge Farms Puff Pastry
- pasty shells per instructions on package
- Set aside to cool
- Remove tops when cool and any uncooked dough, leaving a “well” to fill. (Optional: keep top ‘cap’ for finishing off shells.)
Next: Into baked pastry shells, crumble bacon (or ham) mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Set aside.
Now, in a 12” x 2” sauce pan combine onions, mushrooms and butter. Sauté until soft. Sprinkle flour over onions and mushrooms and blend in. Add milk gradually, stirring constantly over medium heat until mixture boils.
Stir a little of the hot mixture into the beaten eggs to being the temperatures together. Then pour egg mixture into the rest of the sauce. Add cream, salt and pepper.
Spoon sauce into each shell, filing to the top. Replace patty shell top (optional). Place a square of Swiss cheese on top.
Place in oven and bake at 325° for 25 minutes.
Garnish with Parmesan, paprika and parsley flakes.